1. Please read this information carefully before accessing or using the information and services available through the RepairCompare.com.au website (“Repair Compare Site”), which is owned and operated by Ding-Gone Pty Ltd and trading as Repair Compare. By accessing or using the Repair Compare Site or registering as a user, you agree to be bound by the terms and conditions below. Repair Compare may modify this agreement at any time, and such modifications shall be effective immediately upon posting a modified agreement on the Repair Compare Site.
2. The System operates as both a finder and facilitator seeking to match the needs of Users with Providers. The System and Site acts as a forum for Users and Providers to request and provide a Quote respectively and agree on prices and other terms and to enter into an agreement regarding the provision of freight services by the Provider for each Job. Repair Compare is a neutral facilitator and the Provider acknowledges and agrees that Repair Compare is not directly involved in the transactions and arrangements between Users and Providers. Such transactions and arrangements with any User will be subject to the Provider Terms and are not governed by the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
1. Copyright in the material and trade marks on the Repair Compare Site are owned by Repair Compare and you agree not to infringe any intellectual property rights owned by Repair Compare.
2. Repair Compare does not endorse or recommend any of the services advertised on the Repair Compare Site and Repair Compare strongly recommends that prior to entering into any agreement with any of the service providers or businesses on the Repair Compare Site, that you obtain independent legal, accounting, financial, taxation, technical or expert advice as appropriate. It is solely your responsibility to evaluate the accuracy, completeness, quality, safety, legality and usefulness of all quotes, businesses, customers, services and other information provided through the Repair Compare Site or on the internet.
3. Repair Compare will not be liable to you or anyone else for any decision made or action taken by you or anyone else in reliance upon any information contained on or omitted from the Repair Compare Site.
4. No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or franchisee-franchisor relationship is created or intended by this General Conditions of Use agreement or your use of the Repair Compare Site or Repair Compare services.
1. Repair Compare provides links and pointers to Internet sites maintained by third parties from its Repair Compare Site. Such linked sites are not under the control of Repair Compare and Repair Compare is not responsible for the contents (including the accuracy, legality or decency) of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Repair Compare is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by Repair Compare of the linked site. Repair Compare is not responsible for the copyright compliance of any linked site. Repair Compare will not be liable for any damages or loss arising in any way out of or in connection with or incidental to any information or third party service provided by any third party.
1. Repair Compare provides no guarantee or warranty to you that the services generally available through the Repair Compare Site will performed to a certain standard of quality or be error-free or that defects in the service will be corrected. We do not guarantee or endorse any of the services provided by any third party.
2. You understand that Repair Compare cannot and does not guarantee or warrant to you that files available for downloading through the Repair Compare Site or delivered via electronic mail through the Repair Compare Site will be free of infection or viruses, worms, Trojan horses or other code that manifest contaminating or destructive properties. You are responsible for implementing sufficient procedures and checkpoints to satisfy your particular requirements for accuracy of data input and output, and for maintaining a means external to the Repair Compare Site for the reconstruction of any lost data.
3. You are responsible for all transactions in which you choose to participate, including monitoring the status of, and complying with all relevant legal and other obligations.
2. Repair Compare reserves the right to modify or delete any information you submit to the Repair Compare Site in order to enhance the services provided to you and other users.
3. Repair Compare welcomes feedback from you about all aspects of the Repair Compare Site. You agree that Repair Compare may reproduce, distribute, transmit, create derivative works of, and publicly display any materials and other information (including ideas for new or improved products and services) that you submit to any public areas of the Repair Compare Site or by email to Repair Compare. Repair Compare reserves the right to aggregate the feedback for each business into a percentage score and publish that score on the Repair Compare Site.
1. While Repair Compare shall take all due care in ensuring the privacy and integrity of the information you provide, including but not limited to measures such as firewalls, secure password access, secure servers and data encryption, the possibility exists that this information could be unlawfully observed or accessed by a third party while in transit over the internet or while stored on Repair Compare systems or on the Repair Compare Site. Repair Compare disclaims all liability to you should this occur.
1. You agree that it is a condition on your use of the Repair Compare Site and of any other services provided by Repair Compare or through the Repair Compare Site that you will not through any act or omission mislead or deceive others.
1. You warrant that you are the holder of all necessary rights, including copyright, in the content which you contribute, that none of the information provided is defamatory, and that it does not infringe any law in Australia. You agree to indemnify Repair Compare against any legal fees, damages or expenses that may be incurred by Repair Compare as a result of a breach of this warranty.
2. You warrant to Repair Compare that you will not use the Repair Compare Site or any Repair Compare service for any purpose that is prohibited by the General Conditions of Use or that is illegal or unlawful. You agree to abide by all applicable laws and regulations.
3. You are required to nominate a username and password, which must be used by a single individual and is not transferable. It is your responsibility to ensure that these remain confidential at all times. If you become aware of any unauthorised use of your username or password, you must notify Repair Compare immediately by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
4. Business users are required to confirm their identity within 7 days of first registration as a user.
1. Where used in this agreement, the term “personal information” has the meaning attributed to that term in the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth).
2. Repair Compare is committed to maintaining your privacy because we recognise your right to keep personal information private. Repair Compare may use your personal information for the primary purpose for which it is collected and for such other secondary purposes that are related to the primary purpose of collection. Normal use of your personal information includes but is not limited to:
3. Repair Compare has appointed a privacy officer to oversee the management and protection of personal information.
4. In relation to information pertaining to a user’s racial or ethnic origin, membership of political bodies, religious orientation, membership of a trade union or trade association, sexual preferences, criminal record and health, Repair Compare will only use or disclose such information for the purpose for which it was provided or a directly related secondary purpose or as allowed by law unless agreed otherwise.
5. Repair Compare will retain any personal information you provide for a period of 12 months. This includes but is not limited to copies of identification documents. Upon the expiration of 12 months, Repair Compare will delete, or make anonymous on your request, specific personal information from our servers, files and databases, unless Repair Compare is required by law to retain that information.
6. You have the right to access any personal information that Repair Compare holds about you. If you make an access request, Repair Compare will require you to verify your identity and specify what information you wish to access. Repair Compare may charge you a fee for the access request.
9. Repair Compare reserves the right to record phone calls between you and Repair Compare employees or Repair Compare agents for training purposes.
1. Repair Compare expressly excludes all conditions and warranties that may be implied by law. To the extent permitted by law, Repair Compare’s liability for breach of any warranty or condition (implied or otherwise) which cannot be excluded is restricted to either the re-supply of the relevant Repair Compare service or a refund in accordance with Repair Compare’s refund policy. (Please refer to Repair Compare’s refund policy
2. Excluding liability for negligence, the maximum liability of Repair Compare is limited to the total of any amounts that you have paid to Repair Compare in respect of goods or services supplied to you by Repair Compare or $500.00, whichever is less.
3. As a user of the Repair Compare Site, you acknowledge and agree that there are no circumstances whereby Repair Compare will be liable to you for any indirect, incidental, special and/or consequential losses, damages or loss of profits of any nature arising (including but not limited to any act or omission by Repair Compare) which result from:
1. You agree to indemnify and release forever Repair Compare and its directors, employees, agents, contractors and affiliates from and against any claims, demands, proceedings, losses and damages of any kind and nature, including reasonable legal fees, made by you or any third party due to or arising, whether directly or indirectly, out of your breach of the General Conditions of Use, or your violation of any law, or the rights of a third party.
1. Upon completion of a training and certification course offered by Repair Compare and the completion of the relevant examination to the standard of achievement set by Repair Compare, business users will become a certified business. Repair Compare will reflect that certification status on the user’s account and profile.
2. Repair Compare may use any appropriate icons, images or text on the business profile and in quotes submitted by a certified business to differentiate them from a business user who has not been certified. Repair Compare may modify the icons, images or text used to differentiate certified businesses on the Repair Compare Site at any time. Business users may make an unlimited number of attempts at the examination until they reach the standard of achievement set by Repair Compare.
1. Business users must have their business information verified by Repair Compare. This includes confirming the Australian Business Number (ABN) and the physical address. For this purpose business user uploads full business name and ABN. Upon successful completion of the verification process, business users will become a verified business. Repair Compare will reflect that verified status on the user's account and profile. Until the verification process is complete, business user will not be able to respond to tenders.
2. Repair Compare may use any appropriate icons, images or text on the business profile and in quotes submitted by a verified business to differentiate them from a business user who has not been verified. Repair Compare may modify the icons, images or text used to differentiate verified businesses on the Repair Compare Site at any time.
1. A Job is secured once the User accepts the Provider's Quote and pays the Deposit Fee into an account held by Repair Compare.
2. Repair Compare will charge the Booking Fee to the Provider for each Job for which the Provider provides a successful Quote. Repair Compare may deduct the Booking Fee from the Deposit Fee being held in Repair Compare’s account for any such successful Quote.
3. Repair Compare’s Booking Fee is:
|Quote Amount||Deposit Fee|
|$0 to $250||9% of the value from $0.01-$250, with a minimum fee of $5|
|$251 to $500||8% of the value from $251 - $500, plus 9% of the remaining match value balance($0.01-$250)|
|$501 to $2,500||6% of the remaining match value balance ($501 - $1,500), plus 8% of the remaining match value balance($251 - $500.00), plus 9% of the value from $0.01-$250|
|Over $2,500||Quotes Above $2,500 - 4% of the remaining match value balance over $2500, 6% of the remaining match value balance ($501-$2,500), plus 8% of the remaining match value balance ($251 - $500), plus 9% of the value from $0.01 - $250.|
4. The Provider must only charge the User for an amount equal to the Quote price minus the Deposit Fee. And such payment from the User to the Provider is subject to the Provider Terms, and is to be made between the User and Provider directly.
5. Provider Quote amounts must be in Australian Dollars (AUD) and inclusive of GST and the Booking Fee. No GST or Booking Fee amount may be charged on top of your Quote price once your Quote has been accepted by the User.
6. Repair Compare may change the types and amounts of any fees it charges, the way it calculates fees at any time, and such changes may be for a limited time or on a permanent basis. Changes which are for a limited period will be announced and described on the Site, and any permanent changes will be announced on the Site and included in this Agreement
1. Users may cancel their membership at any point in time; however they will not be refunded for the remaining portion, if any, of the membership in accordance with the refund policy.
2. Business who wish to cancel their monthly billing membership must notify Repair Compare in writing via email@example.com 5 days prior to monthly billing cycle.
1. You acknowledge and agree that booking fees are non-refundable at the time that payment is made. If you are dissatisfied with the Repair Compare Site or Repair Compare’s services and choose to discontinue using the Repair Compare Site, fees or other payments that you have made are not refundable.
2. Business users who choose to purchase training and certification courses are not entitled to a refund if they are unable to complete the training and certification course purchased. Furthermore, if business users fail to complete the certification examination to the standard of achievement set by Repair Compare, they are not entitled to receive a refund for the training and certification course. However, they may make further attempts at the examination until they reach the standard of achievement set by Repair Compare.
3. Business users who purchase verification are not entitled to receive a refund if verification is unsuccessful.
4. In the case of an event not specifically covered in the refund policy, refunds will be granted at the absolute discretion of Repair Compare. Refunds paid in accordance with this refund policy will be paid within 60 business days via the same method whereby the payment was made to Repair Compare in the first instance.
5. Users who claim an unauthorised refund from their credit card provider or bank without first contacting our customer support team will have their membership immediately suspended. Repair Compare may issue an invoice to the relevant user to recover up to the full value of any unauthorised refund. Repair Compare may engage a debt collection agency or use any other legal means to recover unauthorised refunds. Repair Compare is entitled to charge you interest and recover any costs incurred as a result of the unauthorised refund.
1. In situations of breach of the General Conditions of Use, Repair Compare retains absolute discretion to immediately cancel or suspend your membership of the Repair Compare Site without notice to you. Without limiting other remedies available to Repair Compare, we may, at our absolute discretion, immediately issue a warning, temporarily suspend or terminate your membership and refuse to provide services to you.
Money back guarantee does not apply to a monthly membership. Refund can be obtained by writing to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting the refund.
30 day Money Bank guarantee (clause 1a) doesn’t apply to monthly memberships.
2. If your membership and use of the Repair Compare Site is terminated:
3. In relation to business users, breach of the General Conditions of Use includes but is not limited to:
1. Transactions facilitated through the Site and System are final, and no cancellations can be made through the Site or System. If a Provider wishes to cancel a Job, or cannot complete a Job as the case may be, then the Provider’s Terms shall determine the procedure and any rights and remedies available to the parties.
2. If there is a dispute that arises between the User and the Provider relating to a Job and Repair Compare substantiates a complaint by a User which indicates Provider has demonstrated poor conduct then Repair Compare may suspend, terminate, or impose additional obligations on the Provider’s account without notice.
3. Providers are entitled to reply to any customer complaints left on their publicly available feedback profile. Any responses that breach Repair Compare’s website rules may also result in suspension, termination or additional penalties on the Provider’s account without notice.
4. Providers waive any right to make a claim against Repair Compare for money or monies worth that relates to the User’s or the Provider’s obligations or rights to complete a Job, as it is the Providers sole responsibility to determine such rights in the Provider’s Terms.
1. Repair Compare will attempt to resolve any customer complaints and answer any enquiries within 1 business day. Complaints or enquiries should be directed via email to email@example.com. All complaints and enquiries are logged by Repair Compare’s customer relationship management software. Repair Compare may take into account your technical complaints or product developments suggestions when deciding on future software updates, however Repair Compare is under no obligation to do so.
2. All complaints are reviewed by Repair Compare customer support representatives and may be referred to a manager for resolution if required.
3. Repair Compare reserves the right not to respond to complaints or enquiries that offend Repair Compare’s employees or agents. Repair Compare reserves the right not to respond to complaints or enquiries made by individuals who are not current users of the Repair Compare Site, or have been suspended from the Repair Compare Site.
1. Repair Compare will use reasonable endeavours to mediate any dispute concerning the use by parties of the Repair Compare Site. Disputes in relation to the actual services carried out by a business or any other issue will be referred, where appropriate, to external dispute resolution services or authorities.
1. Repair Compare may choose to run promotions or competitions, whereby prizes or other gifts may be awarded. Repair Compare reserves the right to implement special terms and conditions for promotions or competitions. At the relevant time, those special terms and conditions will be published on the Repair Compare Site.
2. If any clause of this agreement is found to be invalid, that clause shall be severed from this agreement and the remainder of this agreement will continue to be valid and enforceable.
3. The laws governing this agreement will be the laws in Queensland, Australia and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of its Courts and the Appellate Courts and the jurisdiction of the Federal Court of Australia sitting in Queensland.